NC Education Lottery warning people about scams as Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots soar
Posted: Jan 16, 2021 / 03:43 PM EST / Updated: Jan 16, 2021 / 03:43 PM EST
NC Education Lottery
Where I can get the latest lottery numbers?
Watch lottery drawings on FOX8! Mega Millions airs at 11 p.m. on Tuesday and Friday. Powerball airs at 10:59 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday. The NC Lottery airs at 11:22 p.m. every night.
The Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots are soaring this weekend, and the NC Education Lottery is warning people about potential scams.
One player said they had been offered $5 million and a new car. The catch? To claim the prize, they had to pay a $400 processing fee. The player recognized the scam and gave the NCEL a call.
Scammers are always trying to find new ways to fool people, but here are some tips to help you protect yourself or a loved one.
- Never pay a fee before claiming a prize. A legitimate lottery will never ask you to spend your own money in order to claim your winnings. If you receive a call or email asking you to spend money for taxes or fees on a prize, that should be a red flag.
- You can’t win a prize if you didn’t buy a ticket. If you don’t remember buying a ticket, you probably didn’t. Remember, the lottery doesn’t know who buys the winning ticket unless it’s purchased via Online Play.
- Don’t give out financial information upfront. Never give your credit card information, Social Security number, driver’s license, passport, or bank account numbers to someone who is contacting you through email, social media, or over the phone. The lottery will not ask for that information in any of these ways.
- Don’t buy winning tickets from strangers. Don’t fall victim to someone trying to sell you their winning ticket. Scammers can alter tickets to make them look like winners to the public.
- If you win a prize, always sign the back of your ticket. Whoever signs the ticket is considered the owner of that prize.
North Carolina (NC) Powerball Numbers & Results
Check North Carolina (NC) Powerball winning numbers and results, monitor NC lottery jackpots, and see the latest news on all your favorite NC lottery games with our mobile lottery app!
📢 Did you know?
Visitors from US are now allowed to PLAY and WIN the U.S. Powerball right here on Lottery.com! Start Playing Here
Latest North Carolina Powerball Results
North Carolina Powerball Prize Amounts
|Numbers Correct||Prize||Power Play 2X||Power Play 3X||Power Play 4X||Power Play 5X||Power Play 10X|
|5 of 5 w/ Powerball||Grand Prize||Grand Prize||Grand Prize||Grand Prize||Grand Prize||Grand Prize|
|5 of 5||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$2,000,000||$2,000,000||$2,000,000||$2,000,000|
|4 of 5 w/ Powerball||$50,000||$100,000||$150,000||$200,000||$250,000||$500,000|
|4 of 5||$100||$200||$300||$400||$500||$1,000|
|3 of 5 w/ Powerball||$100||$200||$300||$400||$500||$1,000|
|3 of 5||$7||$14||$21||$28||$35||$70|
|2 of 5 w/ Powerball||$7||$14||$21||$28||$35||$70|
|1 of 5 w/ Powerball||$4||$8||$12||$16||$20||$40|
|0 of 5 w/ Powerball||$4||$8||$12||$16||$20||$40|
North Carolina Powerball FAQs
Can I buy a NC Powerball ticket online?
If you’re outside the U.S. or in Texas, California, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Oregon, Washington or Pennsylvania you can purchase Powerball tickets through Lottery.com at play.lottery.com!
When is the North Carolina Powerball?
North Carolina Powerball drawings take place twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
What time is the North Carolina Powerball drawing?
How much is the NC Powerball jackpot?
Powerball jackpots roll over until there is a winner or multiple winners. Once one or multiple winners have hit the grand prize, the Powerball resets to the minimum jackpot. You can find the latest North Carolina Powerball jackpot amounts here on the Lottery.com North Carolina Powerball Jackpots page.
Did anyone win the NC Powerball?
When Powerball resets to the minimum jackpot, it’s an indication that one or more players won in the most recent drawing.
What are the NC Powerball winning numbers?
View the latest Powerball winning numbers in the Lottery.com app or on the Lottery.com website following each drawing here on the North Carolina Powerball Results page.
What are the odds of winning?
Higher than you think! The odds of winning a prize are 1 in 24.9.
Information on responsible gaming and problem gaming is available here. Or call 1-800-522-4700.Get the latest winning numbers (results) and jackpots for NORTH CAROLINA POWERBALL and all of your other favorite North Carolina lottery games. ]]>