Pick 4 is a popular Maryland Lottery draw game that offers a top prize of $5,000. With draws held twice daily and a variety of bet types to choose from, you’ve got more ways to win.
Pick 4 has two draws per day, seven days a week. The Midday draw takes place at 12:27 pm ET from Monday through Friday, and at 12:28 pm on Saturday and Sunday. The Evening draw is held at 7:56 pm Monday-Saturday and 8:22 pm on Sunday.
How to Play
Choose four digits from 0 through 9 (for example, 1234 or 1112). Each of the five panels on the playslip is one play, so you can play up to five times per playslip, with the same or different numbers. Using a pencil or pen with black or blue ink, make a heavy vertical line through each digit you’ve chosen. If you make a mistake, mark the panel’s “Void” box. Repeat for each panel you want to play. You can also have the lottery terminal randomly select your numbers by marking “Quick Pick.”
There are different bet types available, including Straight, Box, Straight/Box, or Combination (Combo). The next section has more information on each of these options.
Choose a wager amount for each play; you can select 50Вў or $1.00 for all bet types except the following:
- Combo Wager: 25Вў, 50Вў or $1.00 per play. A Combo wager is the same as 4, 5, 12, or 24 Straight wagers.
- Straight/Box Bets: You must mark the 50Вў wager on the playslip. Your total ticket cost will be $1.00 (50Вў each for Straight and Box).
The total ticket cost is determined by the amount you’ve bet on each play, how many panels you’re playing, and the number of draws you’ve selected.
If you’d like to play your favorite numbers for up to seven consecutive draws, mark the “Number of Draws” on the playslip and whether you want to enter Midday, Evening, or Both. You’ll receive one ticket no matter how many draws you play.
It’s easy to play your numbers in future draws (not the day of the purchase) with Advance Play. Mark the day to start playing and the “Number of Draws” you want to take part in, which can be up to six days from the date of purchase. Mark the draw times you want: Midday, Evening, or Both. Note: if you win a prize before all your draws have taken place, you will receive an exchange ticket for the remaining draws.
Pick 4 has multiple bet types you can play, so here’s a quick rundown to get up to speed.
Win if your number is an exact match for the winning number drawn, with the digits in the same order. You may play any numbers. For example, if your number is 1234, you will win if the number drawn is 1234, with its digits in that order.
Combo is the same as four, six, 12, or 24 Straight bets, and the cost is four, six, 12 or 24 times your wager amount. The number you choose determines which type of Combo you are playing.
- 4-way Combo: Your number has three of the same digits. Example: 1112. Equals four Straight bets.
- 6-way Combo: Your number has two pairs of digits the same. Example: 1122. Equals six Straight bets.
- 12-way Combo: Your number has two digits the same. Example: 1123. Equals 12 Straight bets.
- 24-way Combo: Your number has all different digits. Example: 1234. Equals 24 Straight bets.
Win by matching the number drawn in any order. For example, if your number is 1112, you can win if the number drawn is 1112, 1121, 1211, or 2111.
- 4-way Box: Your number has three of the same digits. Example: 1112.
- 6-way Box: Your number has two pairs of digits the same. Example: 1122.
- 12-way Box: Your number has two digits the same. Example: 1123.
- 24-way Box: Your number has all different digits. Example: 1234.
Straight / Box
This bet type combines a 50Вў Straight play and a 50Вў Box play on the same ticket. The ticket cost is $1.00.
- 4-way: Your number has three of the same digits. Example: 1112. Two bets, Straight and Box.
- 6-way: Your number has two pairs of digits the same. Example: 1122. Two bets, Straight and Box.
- 12-way: Your number has two digits the same. Example: 1123. Two bets, Straight and Box.
- 24-way: Your number has all different digits. Example: 1234. Two bets, Straight and Box.
Pick 4 Prizes and Odds of Winning
Check the table below for the prize amounts each bet type can win, depending on your wager, and the odds of winning. There are also examples to clarify each bet type: “Example Pick” is a number you could choose, and “Example Winning Numbers” shows the winning combinations for that number.
Information on Pick 4 from the Maryland Lottery – how to play, bet types, drawing schedule, prizes and odds for this exciting MD game offering a $5,000 top prize and draws twice a day.
Maryland Powerball Jackpot Annuity Payout Schedule for Jan 20, 2021
Media: You may freely use any information on this page, but you must credit usamega.com.
The tax information provided here is based on 2021 federal marginal rates and state tax rates. It shows the final federal and state tax burdens each year, not the amount initially withheld by the lottery.
The Powerball annuity jackpot is awarded according to an annually-increasing rate schedule, which increases the amount of the annuity payment every year. The table below shows the payout schedule for a jackpot of $730,000,000 for a ticket purchased in Maryland, including taxes withheld.
Please note, the amounts shown are very close approximations to the amount a jackpot annuity winner would receive from the lottery every year. They are not intended to specify the exact final tax burden, which may vary depending on how the winner chooses to invest or dispense their prize money, as well as deductions claimed.
Federal Filing Status:
|Year||Gross Payment||Federal Taxes||State Taxes||Net Payment|
Note: The Net Payment total above may be a few dollars off from the total after-tax annuity amount shown on the Jackpot Analysis page because the Jackpot Analysis page shows an average annual payment, whereas we calculate an exact payment here.
Powerball annuity chart shows the annual net payout a Maryland jackpot winner would get after federal and state taxes.