Prize Payment Options
All Prizes of $600 or Less
Lotto, Easy 5, Pick 3 and Pick 4 & all Scratch-Off Prizes of $5,000 or Less
- Sign and complete the information on the back of their winning ticket and ensure that all barcodes are clearly visible (scratch-off material completely removed from scratch-off tickets).
- Photocopy of the front and back of the ticket.
- Complete the Louisiana Lottery Prize Claim Form and be sure it includes your telephone number and mailing address for your prize check
- Photocopy your valid driver’s license or current picture identification.
- Mail the above in a single envelope to:
Louisiana Lottery Corporation
Attn: Prize Validations
P.O. Box 90010
Baton Rouge, LA 70879-0010
Prizes of Over $5,000 & Powerball and Mega Millions Prizes
- Your full name
- Name of the game(s)/ticket(s) on which you have won a prize
- The expected winnings for each ticket
- The location of the Lottery office where you prefer to claim your prize
- Your phone number (with area code)
Prize Claim Deadlines
Both the federal and state government consider winnings from all forms of gaming to be income for tax purposes.
By law, the Louisiana Lottery must report winnings from each single ticket with a prize value over $600 to the Internal Revenue Service and the Louisiana Department of Revenue and Taxation.
Income tax regulations require the Louisiana Lottery to withhold 24 percent federal taxes from each prize over $5,000 and 5 percent state taxes from prizes of $5,000 or more.
A gambling income statement, W-2G, is printed for each ticket greater than $600 and given to the claimant when they receive their prize check. Winners should keep the W-2G secure until they are ready to file federal and state income taxes.Prize Payment Options NOTE: All Lottery offices are currently open to the public by appointment only. Effective May 1, 2020,… ]]>