Lotto Spot! 17+
Western Canada Lottery Corporation
- #60 in Entertainment
- 4.5 • 4.1K Ratings
Welcome to the official app for the Western Canada Lottery Corporation’s region of AB, SK, MB, NT, NU, and YT only. The best place to get lottery information, including:
– The ticket checker lets you check all lottery and Zing tickets, by scanning ticket bar codes on your mobile device. The ticket checker is available 23 hours a day, from 5 am to 4 am CT; 4 am to 3 am MT. The app can only check tickets purchased within the WCLC region.
– Play your favorites like a selection slip to build a ticket, save it and get your ticket printed at retail.
– The minimum recommended software version for the ticket checker is: Apple iOS 10 or higher.
– Store locator feature helps you find the nearest Lotto Spot retailer
– Sign up for upcoming Jackpot notifications
– Browse current and past winning numbers and prize breakdowns for all WCLC games
– How to play instructions for all WCLC games
– This app is intended for residents of the Prairie Provinces and Territories aged 18 and older. Please play responsibly.
Lotto Spot now includes a ticket builder – where you can play your favorite numbers for LOTTO MAX, LOTTO 6/49, DAILY GRAND plus EXTRA, just like a selection slip!
Save the QR code, then have your lottery retailer scan it to print the ticket.
Six Winnipeg coworkers win $5 million lottery jackpot
WINNIPEG — A group of nursing home coworkers has won the biggest lottery jackpot in the province in over a year.
According to a news release from the Western Canadian Lottery Corp. and Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries, the group of six is taking home $5 million from the July 25 LOTTO 6/49 draw.
The winners include: Marie Saltel, Cheryl Norman, Karan Lajoie, Karen Roche, Tuan Anh Phan and Louise Pinel.
The day before the draw, Saltel bought the winning Quick Pick ticket at Dakota Family Foods, on St. Mary’s Road. She said this is a purchase she’s made for her coworkers every week for the ten years they’ve been playing together.
“Every Friday, my homework is picking up the tickets,” she said in the news release.
Saltel noted she checked the winning numbers online after the draw, but it was a bit of a struggle to get the rest of the group to believe in the win.
“At first I just couldn’t believe it, so when my son came home I asked him to check the numbers as well. Then when he confirmed I phoned Cheryl and told her – and she thought I was joking,” Saltel said. “Then everyone I told thought I was joking. But they believe it now.”
Saltel added this prize is especially meaningful after the group endured a stressful few months working at a nursing home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It’s just kind of a relief – you don’t have to worry so much about other things,” she said.
“It’s an easier feeling.”
She said she plans on using her share of the winnings to help out with her retirement, noting other members of the group will be using the money to help out their kids and work on home renovations.
This win is the biggest lottery win in Manitoba since a Winnipegger took home a $9.5 million LOTTO Max jackpot in June 2019.A group of nursing home coworkers have won the biggest lottery jackpot in the province in over a year. ]]>